Definitions & Data
Source: ABI - Public information.
- General Insurance: insurance that does not cover life insurance, typically covering fire, marine, motor, accident and other miscellaneous non-life protection policies.
- Gross Premiums:Total premiums collected from policyholders.
- Net Premiums:Premiums collected less reinsurance bought (ceded) plus reinsurance sold (assumed).
- Other:includes Marine, Aviation & Transport, Non-MAT Reinsurance, and Micellaneous & Pecuniary Loss Insurance.
- Rankings are provided at the group level.
- Data from ABI Members covers the company market only, and excludes Lloyd's syndicates.