This article describes the workflow available in CORE that helps manage the interaction between Owner, Reviewed and Manager of a CORE Element. It’s possible to set two or three steps according to the needs, For convenience, this workflow is switched off during implementation while the data is loaded and ownership identified within the business.
There are three or two main steps to the workflow, which is available on the Register page. These steps are:
- Prepare: step for the Manager of the item to confirm that the assessment has been completed.
- Review: step for the Reviewer to quality assure the submission prepared by the Manager is of good quality (can be removed by setting to use the two steps workflow).
- Sign-off: step for the Owner of the item to sign-off on the assessment.
The red badge indicate whether the activity is resubmitted
Workflow in practice
As mentioned above, the workflow appears in the Risk Register.
- The Workflow appears in the Register for each item, the first step (Prepare) is done.
- The Manager updates the assessment using the blue “+ Review” button (this button changes in Prepare Review and Sign-off according to the stage to do).
- Here is the “Version, (stage)” information.
- The column WF Stage show the actual stage and how many days passed from it.
5: This informations are related to the preparer data
6: Users can also leave notes for the reviewer to help them review the submission.
Before “Approve”, the Manager is provided with a reminder.
7: This section is used to confirm users have attached the latest evidence or remind any statutory responsibility for false submission.
8: The reviewer can Approve or Request Resubmission, in the case fo resubmission the stage come back to Prepare and notified to the preparer, can be visible from the badge in the table details with a red dot on the badge of progression Workflow
Once submitted, the Reviewer is notified.
9: In the Register, the stage progresses to “Review”.
10: The version increases by 0.1 with each revision or resubmission identifying how many times it has been revised during the process.
11: This Button changes ready to Sign-off
Request Re-submission Case
When requesting re-submission, the Reviewer can define the reason for requesting resubmission by selecting an option from a drop-down list (defined by the Admin in the config panel) and leave comments for the Manager to address as part of the re-submission.
Finally, once the Reviewer has approved a message is sent to the Owner to sign-off. This follows the same process as for Reviewer, with the same ability to request re-submission if the assessment is not found sufficient.
12: In the Register, the stage progresses to “Sign-off”.
13: The version increases by 1.0 with each workflow complete.
14: This Button changes to Prepare for the next operation.