Workflows in CORE
Workflows in CORE help manage the integrity of the ongoing “assessments” for CORE Elements (?). In other words, workflows ensure that the data supporting say a control assessment is being reviewed for completeness, appropriateness and accuracy by the right individual in the business.
The workflow stages map closely to the responsibility structure for a CORE Element. For instance, a typical workflow for a control starts with:
- the control Manager prompted to Prepare the assessment; followed by
- the control Reviewer requested to Review the information provided; and
- the control Owner assigned to the control being asked to Sign-off the assessment.
This three stage workflow is the default workflow, however, a simpler two-stage version of the workflow is also available.
The two-stage workflow is designed with small teams in mind, specifically where Owners wear multiple hats and may not have time to sign-off all the CORE Elements assigned to them.
Key Facts & Info
Here are some facts to remember about workflows in CORE:
- Assessment completion date: An assessment is only considered complete after it has been signed-off and the clock for the next assessment starts.
- WF used for short: The App you will often use WF to abbreviate WorkFlow.
- Automatics Notifications: Notifications are automatically sent out to the next individual responsible each time a workflow stage is completed.
- Request Resubmissions: If a Reviewer or an Owner is not happy with the assessment, a resubmission request can be made as part of the workflow. Resubmission requests appear as RED in the Track & Trend section in the cards page with the reason and comments for the re-submission clearly outlined.